We read to our children everyday !
Developing a love of reading is the cornerstone of our academic program. Children have an innate love of stories. Stories create magic and a sense of wonder at the world. Stories teach us about life, about ourselves and about others.
Reading aloud is the single most important researched activity leading to language development and promotes early literacy skills such as:
- Book handling and naming
- Understanding how stories work
- Recognition of sounds and letters
- Knowledge of a wide range of vocabulary
- Ability to express themselves,
- Communicate their thoughts and feelings.
- Ability to listen and most importantly
- Creates a life long positive association with books and learning
Tuesday is Story Day at Eden Castle Preschool. We cover two Hindi and two English stories in a month where the teachers make props and tell the story using big picture books.
The story is repeated through out the week and some children can narrate it back in their own way.